See Jenn Tri

A journal of epic proportions!

Interested in supporting my goal to raise over $10,000 for cancer resarch? Click here!

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Marathon Segment One

Rob here again...

So, the marathon consists of a 6.5 mile stretch that the runners do four times. I went back down to the race at around 5:40 to see Jenn finish the first leg. Thankfully the hotel is close enough to the race that I can come back for a little refresher and respit from the heat between seeing Jenn. It is very hot and I can't imagine how Jenn and all of these amazing atheletes are doing this today! :)

Well, I was waiting and waiting. Before long it was 6:00 and I still didn't see Jenn. I figured she'd be any minute. Eventually it was 6:15 and I still didn't see Jenn. At this point I was really hoping that I missed her and she was on her second leg. Finally, around 6:20 I saw her. She had done the math and said to me that she might need to give up on the goal of finishing in 16 hours. For her to complete within 16 hours she will need to run the last three legs faster than she did the first one. I gave Jenn a hug and she ran off.

Soon I'll head back down to wait for her return. Running a marathon is hard to really imagine. Running a marathon after 2.4 miles of swimming and 112 on the bike in the hills of France really is incomprehensible. Hopefully Jenn can keep her energy up for the remainder of the run. Whatever happens I give her a lot of credit! So, let's all send a little extra energy Jenn's way for the final stretch of the race!

Go Jenn go!

Rob

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It sounds like Jenn is running a marathon in the desert. I can't imagine how hot it must be. She is absolutely awesome! Give her extra hugs from Larry and Me.
Love,
Mom and Larry

June 22, 2008 at 10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Jenn Go!! Energy energy energy energy.......

June 22, 2008 at 11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenn,

I am so excited at the news that you finished, and are well. I was up all night clicking again and again on your individual Tracker page, waiting for your times for each leg to come up on the screen. Somehow, that made it more real for me, because it is almost impossible to imagine someone accomplishing what you have just accomplished.

I love you so much, and I am so proud of you. Hope you get some rest, and enjoy the glow of knowing you did what you set out to do.

Love,
Dad

June 22, 2008 at 5:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great job Jenn! I knew you could do it!

June 22, 2008 at 8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home