See Jenn Tri

A journal of epic proportions!

Interested in supporting my goal to raise over $10,000 for cancer resarch? Click here!

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Post Bike Update

Sorry this couldn't come earlier. It's been a busy day!

The bike of course is the longest part of the race. So, I had time to eat, shower, hang out on the beach a little, etc. I tried the free Internet at McDonalds, hoping to put up some pictures, but the Internet there didn't work. Oh well. I'll get pictures up later.

After giving up on the Internet at McDonalds I figured it was time to head over to wait for Jenn to come in on the bike. I went to the very end of the race, where the bikers were finishing but after the place where the runners were running. This way it was fairly quiet and I figured there'd be no chance of missing Jenn. Unfortunately it was very hot and there was no shade, but I figured if Jenn can ride 112 miles then I can stand in the sun for a bit. :)

The place I picked to wait was also the place where all the ambulances returned too. Every 10 minutes or so an ambulance came buy with an athelete that had succumbed to the heat or whatever! I kept peeking at whoever came out of the ambulance, and thankfully it never was Jenn. Jenn's goal was to finish the ride in under nine hours. She started riding at 8:13 or so. I was very very happy to see Jenn come in, looking very good, at around 4:40 (approx. 8 hours and 40 minutes)!

I then went to the place where the runners started. I got some video footage of Jenn starting her marathon, looking very good.

Next post will be for the first segment of the run...

Rob

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Let Jenn know that no matter how long it takes her to finish the race, she is already a winner. Let her know that if she doesn't finish the race, she is already a winner. Go Jenn!

June 22, 2008 at 10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.

November 10, 2008 at 2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home