See Jenn Tri

A journal of epic proportions!

Interested in supporting my goal to raise over $10,000 for cancer resarch? Click here!

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Saturday - The day before the race!!!!

Not too much to talk about for today. I spent most of the time sitting down! I sat on the bus on the way to pick up my brother (yay!), sat in the airport reading as I waited for him, and sat on the bus on the return.

We spent the next hour or so going over my transition bags. I practiced my transitions, while Rob videotaped. It was hysterical! I was wearing my red dress, and put my bike jersey on top (plus, I'm wearing compression stockings for now, which really made it look funny.) So, we have some pics of me wearing my bike jersey, helmet, sunglasses, with my red dress coming out underneath, plus the white compression stockings, and my bike shoes. Nice! Anyway, I got both of my transitions down to under 2 minutes (not counting the time it will take outside of the tent).

NOW, my transition bags are really packed, and are ready to go!

Tonight we will have an early dinner, then check in my bike, get the helmet checked (required), get body-marked, and turn in my T1 and T2 bags. Then, it's sweet dreams for me!

I've worked hard for these past 9 months. I do know that I'm ready for this. I'm going to enjoy every moment, and feel privileged to be out there. There are people who would give anything to be lucky enough to feel the pain I'm going to feel tomorrow. I'm going to look at the challenges I face as opportunities, and keep my attitude positive.

At all of our hard workouts, someone would scream out, "Money in the bank!" indicating that all this hard work is being saved for a big pay-off.

It's time for me to make a big withdrawal.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Jenn,
I can just visualize that outfit. I can't wait to see the pictures! Larry and I are so proud of you. Thank goodness Rob is able to be there with you. Have a great race and know you are a winner.
Love,
Mom and Larry

June 21, 2008 at 7:24 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Yeah Jenn!

I wanna see those pics too. That is hilarious. Awesome transition practicing!

I am intrigued by them doing body-marking the night before. If you were here, Oscar and Saphira would spend all night trying to lick those numbers right off of you.

: )
I am so looking forward to watching your progress online starting tonight!

Go Jenn! Go Team!

June 21, 2008 at 7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whooo-Hoo Jenn!! What a big moment! Looking forward to following you online every step of the way.

Hi Rob too!

Love, me

June 21, 2008 at 8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Jenn Go! This is IT. I am amazed at how you've been able to work so hard for so long for this one opportunity. And, lo and behold, it's here :-) Enjoy the process (and the pain), and I look forward to "watching" you through Rob's documentation.
Love, Lisa

June 21, 2008 at 1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Patterson Family is cheering you on!! So excited for you ... breathe deeply, enjoy!!

Much love.

June 21, 2008 at 6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home